To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Crushing Victory

Conan was once asked to describe the ideal victory, in general terms was something something, crush, something something, kill/destroy, following this was a general raping and looting theme, followed by the promise of a warm teddy, hot chocolate and an early night.

Well thats his view and he's entitled to it. For me victory (at soccer) is a 7 - 4 pantsing of the Red Team. We kicked off in 25C+ with 4 Blue against 5 Red. By the end of the first half we were 1-3 and the Red guys were cocky as all get out. It was hot, I was slighty hung over - but I knew I had a secret weapon.
By the end of the second half (we play 3 halfs, trust me it makes sense) we were up 4-3. but the heat was taking its toll. the Reds had a guy they could rotate in goal so their team would have a reasonably fresh player AT ALL TIMES.
But then my secret weapon arrived, his name is Vince and he's an instructor at my gym and from the Caribbean! There are oak tables and granite cliffs that look like warm butter next to this dude, he is cut! He's also a really friendly guy and likes to play social soccer.
The next half was a humiliation for the Red team. A crushing humiliation!!!
Vince popped in two goals in short order, both totally awesome!

So thats 2 back to back victories for the Blues!! I'm sure the Reds are even now hatching some scheme for pay back...

No comments: