To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

No Spring, Yet... or is it?!?

What is Spring trying to do?

Yesterday saw Mt Buller get 40+ cms of snow, while a few days earlier it was sunny and over 20c. The snow is welcome, even though neither Evie or I are heading there (other, higher responsibilities to manage). But it does ask the question, what is going on with this whole Spring thing?

Other news, band practice has been going well and I've discovered I play better without a beer or two. Thankfully that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things re Friday nights, but it is good to have that validated.

Tuesday was a trip to Adelaide and the whole week was taken up by meetings. It threw my non-work schedule out the window. No gym, less internets. My little girl only saw me leave for work and kiss her goodnight when I got home.
I know I'm not the first dad to have that happen, but I think it sucks.

I'm working on a plan for a 'better way'. One that involves not wining lotto (though it would be handy) for a change. I'll flesh it out in more detail in a later post.

No comments: