To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Helping Ma

Just finished a survey by the University of Melbourne into Breast Cancer. My Mum has had a history with it going back 12 years or so. They asked me some health questions and weight questions and oddly drinking questions.
Which got me to reflect on my drinking patterns over the past 20 years or so. These days I rarely drink, usually its 1 or 2 beers on a Friday night at band practice and perhaps a glass of wine at our family lunches once a fortnight. If that.
This is down from the dozen or more 'standard drinks' of my youthful 20's per week. Although when they asked the question I was thinking, 'are they asking about Schooners, pots, pints, longnecks or stubbies?' Truth be told I can't actually remember exactly how much I used to drink, but I recall I rarely if ever let a day go by without one.

These days I don't drink because of personal decisions and because I find hangovers chew up so much of my weekend I hate wasting my time on them.

But I was glad I could help out with the survey. I'm even giving blood for them, something that shocked Evie who knows my aversion to that sort of thing. I hope it helps the survey and I hope it helps other people including CJ. Nice to feel part of something bigger than myself.

No comments: