To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Dragon song of the same name

It's been raining on and off now for two days, which believe you me bubba's is kind of a big deal. Where I lived in Canberra you might get a dash of rain in the afternoon or overnight, but hardly ever a whole day. Now I can look out my window and see the neighbourhood covered in fine rain or mist.
I recall growing up with this kind of thing in the old country. Mum would have stashed away so toys or books for rain days. These were the times before video's you see, when a child was required to utilise their imagination. Mostly I think it so Mum could ensure I stayed indoors. I loved puddles. I like water as a rule, but puddles held a magnetic attraction for me. They were best experienced by jumping on them and watching the water SPLASH!! It was a game that never got old. But it get my clothes soaking wet, so you can see why Mum might not have been a fan.

It is still raining outside.

No comments: