To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Waking up

(Haven't finished starting on my book challenge, accidentally began reading "Leaves of Grass" by Walt Whitman. Bare with me.)

This morning I had a lot of trouble waking up. My eyes did not want to open, consciousness took a while to arrive. Every time I thought I was awake, I got out bed and wandered into the spare room (soon to be nursery) and checked the weather. As I do each day.
But I was dreaming myself awake. Which is an odd thing to do. To be aware within a dream that one is asleep and aware at the same time that they are awake within a dream. Whenever I would get up out of bed in my dream, something would stand out as obviously not part of the waking world. The room would be different in a subtle way or it could be the middle of the day or there was some feeling, nuance that told me this was a dream.

This occurred enough to remind me of those musings about dreams, the waking world and existence in either. I felt this morning was a good case for wondering if I'm not asleep still... (pretty boring dream so far, a lot less space aliens and random rock guitar solo's than I'd usually expect.)

No comments: