To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, March 23, 2009

SkyHigh

Fire water!!
Which ought to indicate that I sat down with a plan to write something and am a bit stuck. I'll be heading into the station late today, because I can and hopefully because I'll be on to a new gig soon. So this is a winding down phase.

But it is also a being distracted phase. I find it hard to concentrate in moments like these. I'll make any excuse to distract myself from a task I've set. Its an odd reaction to trying to do something. So far I've put on two loads of washing (and hung them out) I've listened to the radio telling me of a brand new 'Afro Beat' compilation thats currently out (and sounds great!). I've put the kettle on twice, but haven't actually made a cup of tea. Threatened myself with morning television and played a game called Hex Empires [LINK, but I warn you it can be addictive] several times.

All while trying to write a description of the perfect weekend I just had. So what to tell you? It was my beloveds birthday on Saturday, so on Friday we went to Geelong for another birthday/housewarming. The house itself was incredible and we only saw it at night. Made the place we were staying in look like a run down beach shack.
Which is a pretty fair call, a friend of ours set us up with a friend of his for overnight accommodation in Torquay for $20 each. The house and land is rumoured to be worth a cool $1Mil. But very little has been invested in it since that late '80's when it was purchased. It looked like every beach house I ever stayed in right down to the beat up out of tune guitar in the corner! Despite the bare essential maintenance it was a great stay and I'd be tempted to go there again for the surfing and fishing around Torquay.

Saturday was the big day birth-wise and we spent it in fine fashion with a leisurely breakfast by the beach, a lunch time swim and a very casual meander back home. We unpacked felt slightly tired and went out for a birthday dinner at this amazing Thai place that was hidden at the back of some local shopping centre. On the Sunday we had family over and managed to do our first bit of real entertaining (since I arrived). There was more food than mouths and I personally drank and eat way too much. However we managed to return the house to good order and this morning is the start of another working week.

So having written how distracted I was and managed to get some focus in at last. Hooray for being able to distract my distraction ("I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.")

No comments: