To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lets do this thing!

Okay, having previously posted about the literary qualities of contemporary female authors I set myself a challenge; to read and review a recent release.

This evening I visited my local library and selected what looked like a good read. I was fair, I could've picked a dud but I felt my theory needed an impartial test. The book I've selected is 'The Honey Thief' by Elizabeth Graver. The dust cover synopsis sounds god awful, a mother-daughter intrigue involving shoplifting or whatever. The main thing is female reviewers loved it, I am not the target audience and I'm moving out of my comfort zone.

I'll begin tomorrow. For the sake of literary calibration 'The Honey Thief' is up against Tom Wolfe's 'The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test'. Let's roll!!

Please support your local library.

No comments: