To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Bondy!!

Saw 'Quantum of Solace' yesterday, the first film I've seen since moving down to Melby town and it was a cracker.
I have been somewhat let down by the previous studio brand movies that I've seen this year (in fact this is true for a large number of films full stop). This latest episode in the Bond franchise picks up just where the last one left off, literally.
So as is my usual way I will not bore you with the plot, go and see it for yourself.
What I will comment on and what impressed me was the acting and the nice little references to past Bond films. But I have to say that I was very impressed, very impressed indeed, by the continuity of the two films. This is given that there are two different directors at work. Have to say I was suspicious as to how well that would work from a visual perspective.
Would there be a change in style etc. Well as this film does have a separate theme to the previous (despite the continuity) the pace and pathos is different. But its different in a manner that befits the development of the Bond character. Which is really what these two films are doing, they are a prologue.

Other things that stuck out in my mind was the gradual revelations about the Quantum organisation (Mr White, Mr Greene (tres Reservior Dogs)). The 'asymmetrical' nature of it all. I think Quantum is a worthy interpretation of SMERSH and Spectre.

I give 'Quantum of Solace' and large number of ninja stars and bowler hats.
^^^^^**********

No comments: