To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Food Dude

I am preparing a cooking blog and while in the shower I had a great name for the blog, The Food Dude. Unfortunately this rhyming name is already taken by a World Health Organisation program seemingly reminiscent of Jamie Oliver. The images around the web site look twee, the kind of 'cool kids' crap that Hungry Jacks has on its kids meals.
The programme (and subsequent blog) is all about getting kids to eat more healthy foods, blah, balh, middle class angst etc...

The other Food Dude page I found was for a catering firm. I will say this about catering food, it is only a slightly more up market version of fast food. Nevermind how hard people work at it, catering for 20 or more people means razor thin margins on ingredients. I have been to many functions at all times of the day or night and I have come to loathe the food served there.

When I do eventually come up with a name for my blog it will focus on home cooking. It will be mostly for guys and will be sympathetic to a 30minute window of cooking time. More to follow, any suggestions for a name appreciated...

No comments: