To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

If it works, do it

The past couple of months I've been laid low by a series of bugs picked up by CJ from child care.Both of us have been crook as a dog. An effect of this has been not going to the gym. Which isn't all bad to tell you the truth. But as we all started to get better I did notice that unlike previous absences from exercise I was not gaining weight. In fact when I restarted my gym ambition I discovered I had lost another 3Kg's.
Most surprising!

But what did stand out was the low energy levels and sapping strength. I ran about with a ball with CJ for a few minutes and I was exhausted. Not the kind of Dad I want to be. Thankfully CJ seems to be through the worst of it all. The headline there is that Evie and I have been improving and I've been able to get back to exercise.
Starting to feel a little bit sore this morning, but glad to have the positive benefits.

No comments: