To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

MOVIE REVIEW

Iron Man by that guy from Swingers (you know Monica's boyfriend from Friends)

Without knowing too much about the comic, I naturally assumed Iron Man was one of the Power Rangers.

Power Rangers wear power ranger outfits and fight unfeasibly large evil robots. Replace the words Power Rangers with Iron Man and I think I've just summerised the entire movie in one sentence.
What was captivating was the guy who played Tony Stark, a shinning light to all those brave, patriotic and handsome people who work in the Defence Industry. May I also say how disappointed I was Jeff 'The Dude' Bridges playing a villainous character who openly flaunted ITARs legislation, selling arms and equipment to badly dressed 'villains'. Shame on you Mr Dude. Bald people everywhere who work in the Defence Industry are hanging their beautiful heads in despair tonite.

But I'm calling like it is.
Iron Man was almost good, I for one would like to have seen more mighty morphing fighting of stuff. He blows up just one tank!! Only one. In the whole film. Why double VC winner Charles Upham did more then that with only a tommy gun and some number 8 fencing fire.
But the worst part was leaving before the credits had finished and missing out on Sam L Jacksons cameo. Roll on DVD I say.

So was it a good film? Yes, I was good. One for the family and dateless nerds alike. Personally I'm looking forward to the 'Sex and the City' movie so we'll see how they stack up against each other.

Iron Man rates 3 ninja Stars ***

No comments: