To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Why, Why, Why

My car is back in the shop.
I've had this vehicle for 2 months and its been off the road for about a third of that time.
I name thee Achilles.

This time it turns out the drive shafts I had replaced where for a 4 cylinder Landie not my 6 cylinder. The correct parts won't be ready until mid Jan...

On the plus side its Christmas soon, so having a car will be less of an issue as I'll be up in Sydney for a week. After I have discharged my fillial duties it'll be off to NZ for a New Years monster PAR-TEH with Seraph, Mrs Seraph and others.
Possibly might be low key, we'll see...

Actually I'm really looking forward to it. This year has been one of huge changes and I'm grateful for the chance to drop out of it all. And to be honest I don't know what the next year will bring. Or where the hell I'll be or what I'll be doing. As I'm typing this out I have this sense of big change coming. Perhaps a new city, definately a new job.

A wiser man than I once told me 'everything changes, nothing stays the same'. In my book he has not been proved wrong. The way to handle change in my opinion is to either be effected by it or be responsible for it. When ever I can spot that a change is coming or is needed, I try and face it on my terms.
Otherwise it can just be terrifying.

No comments: