To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Yoga

I've been giving the Yoga classes at my gym a go, and I have to tell you they are awesome!!
Originally I figured, why not. Never done yoga before, could be fun, lets see what happens.
Weel I have to tell you, its pretty hard core.
As our instructor says at the start of the class, 'This is not relaxation yoga, you are going to hurt.'

I appreciate his openess. That said though, its only been my abs that have been hurting. The kind of yoga we're doing focuses on the abs and lower back muscles as the core group (which is great because those are the ones my chair bound day job mess up the most easily).
Definately getting flexible though (could come in handy later...) can scratch between my shoulder blades with little or no effort now!

So if you have the chance to try yoga, my advice is give it a go!

No comments: