To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Friday, August 03, 2007

Summer Wind

In my ongoing series of good music I now present Mr Frank Sinatra and his version of 'Summer Wind'.
What you should be listening out for is the phrasing, tone and pitch. This is Frank at the top of his game. The voice the strength and the emotion (somewhere between frustration and time to move on). This version, in my book, is the definitive one [though having said that, I'd like to hear the Tony Bennett cover]. Watch, listen and enjoy...

No comments: