To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, August 09, 2010

No Caffeine

Well my Bubbas last week I was struck down with a vicious tummy bug. How bad you ask? I lost about 5kg's, which in my book is pretty bad. However there is an upside 1) I fine and can eat again and 2) I couldn't drink coffee or tea during my recovery (just didn't like the taste). I've been without caffeine now for a week.
What I notice most of all is my level of hunger has risen. Before with the coffee (2 or 3 a day) I did not need an afternoon snack. Today I had a pie and I still managed to have room for soup, salad and eggplant lasagna for dinner. If there is a connection (coffee is rumoured to be an appetite suppressant) it is more surprising than I would have thought. I intend to keep this caffeine free period up for as long as I can. I'll report back in a weeks time...

No comments: