To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Soccer, On Air, Pirates!!

Well Saturday was fun packed and no mistake.
My buddy Ash invited me to a 'semi-serious' game of soccer in the morning. Twas the Spitfires (red) vs the Lightnings (Blue). I was on the Red team with Ash and we kicked arse 4-2. We played for about an hour with 3 rests in between. Just good fun to be running about a field in winter, kicking a ball about with your mates.
Did notice however that even I've going to gym a fair bit this year, I have no where near the energy reserves of the 12 year boy who used to play soccer in Lower Hutt. My legs are hurting this morning.

Still must say I'm looking forward to next week!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I got on the radio and had 30 minutes of air time as well!! What a blast, it was fantastic fun and a lot easier than it looked. My very first on air track was 'When I was a Lad' from HMS Pinafore, thought that would be a suitable start. My host DJ was very gracious, I had brought along some tracks thinking I'd just be in the interview chair. But we had a talk and John offered to put me on from 1pm, so I took it!! Did a 30 minute spell and had a fantastic time!!
I'm very lucky to have had such a supportive mentor!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saw Pirates O.T.C Dead Mans Chest last night, a lot of money for what essentially was a whole lot of filler. Just got the feeling of the story being streched out to accomodated a third film. Not to say that it wasn't bad, but I think Peter Jackson has a lot to answer for. He made it look easy.
Good fun, but perhaps it will bear up better once the third film is out.

Other notes, in the trailers they showed "Beyond the Sea - The Bobby Darin Story", I have seen that one in the States and I thought it was great.

No comments: